Thursday, August 3, 2017

Frog (Shimmerz Paints)

My dear crafty friends,

I'm here today to share my last creation for Shimmerz Paints. This will be my last share for this team, as I'm stepping down. I've been a member of this team for more than two and a half years now, and I learned a lot. I'd like to thank Stacey and Samantha for their generosity, their trust and their support. The Shimmerz Paints family will always have a warm place in my heart.

For this "grande finale", I created a painting for my niece. It's a 3' x 4' wood panel that goes in her room to hide the electrical box.


To color the frog, I used a lot of Shimmerz Paints products.

The green is made with the new Jolly Green Giant Creameez, a touch of I'm not Limon Inklingz and Peas Be Mine AcriTonez.


For the red eyes, I didn't have any red watercolor, so I used My Bleeding Heart and Scarlet's Fever Coloringz, along with Shimmerz Tar, Tar AcriTonez. I also used a little bit of 3 Sheets to the Wind AcriTonez for highlights.


For the frog's body, I used mostly Shimmerz Tar, Tar and My Bleeding Heart AcriTonez, diluted with lots of water. I used a touch of I'm not Limon Inklingz.



To make some shadows, I mixed the black Shimmerz Tar, Tar AcriTonez with In the Navy AcriTonez. 


For the orange portions, I used My Clementine Creameez with Freshly Squeezed Coloringz. I added some Shimmerz Tar, Tar AcriTonez to make some shadows.


To make some dimension on the frog's skin, I used some paste. I used some Salt of the Earth Paste-Eez and I planed to use some Jelly Bean Green Dazzelerz, but when I reached for it, I discovered that the lid on my jar wasn't properly closed, so my paste dried! I needed something, so I mixed some Tidy Widy Texturez with Jolly Green Giant Creameez. It gave me the perfect green color textured paste.


I made some splatters with the colors I used to paint the frog. I added some Jiven Jade AcriTonez near the arm of the frog, diluted with water, and to make some more splatters.


Finally, I embellished with moss and flowers.

Shimmerz Paints products used:
My Bleeding Heart, Freshly Squeezed and Scarlet's Fever Coloringz
3 Sheets to the Wind, Peas Be Mine, Shimmerz Tar, Tar, In the Navy and Jiven Jade AcriTonez
Salt of the Earth Paste-Eez
Tidy Widy Texturez
Jolly Green Giant and My Clementine Creameez
I'm not Limon Inklingz

I really hope you like it.
Thanks again Stacey and Samantha for your trust and for all those wonderful years in the Shimmerz Paints family.

Karine
xx



4 comments: