Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Love (Blue Fern Studios)

Hi,

My first Blue Fern Studios layout for March is called Love and uses the Courtship Lane collection. Here it is.

Love


For this layout, I used two paper as my background: Town Gossip and Concert Hall. I altered them with modeling paste and a stencil, and I added color with watercolor. I also used a card from the Calling Cards paper in my paper cluster.


My main chipboard piece is the Bordeaux Layered frame which come in two parts. The bottom one, I painted with white gesso and sprayed mists over it, to match the color in the background paper. For the swirly top part, I covered it with white gesso. I chose to leave it white because I thought it was contrasting over the pink chipboard.


While I was looking in my box of smaller chipboards, I found a little piece (you can see it in the picture above, just below my frame) that came from a flourish from the Leafy Page Accents. I painted it with white gesso also, to match the frame. I thought it filled the gap between my flower and my frame perfectly. I never throw away even the tiniest pieces: you never know when they can come handy.


My title piece, from the Adore, Love, Cherish set is also painted plain white.

Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and elegant with a wonderful design and lovely colors - and your little one is adorable in this photo too. Someone has wonderful photography skills!

    ReplyDelete