Friday, March 9, 2018

Leaves Inspired Tags (Prima Marketing)

Dear crafty friends,

I don’t know about you, but here, winter has been rough. We had all kind of crazy weather: lots on snow, then rain, then snow again... I’m so ready for spring. And what better way to await spring than to create with green and leaves? That’s the theme for today on Prima’s blog.


I created a set of tags for this inspiration. I started out by cutting two tags shapes in corrugated cardboard. I peeled off some of the top paper to reveal the beautiful texture. Then, I added a light coat of white gesso, with a dry brush technique.



After that, I added some white crackle paste and left it to dry for a few hours.




I chose a lot of different leaves from my stash: some die-cut leaves from a previous project (using my favorites 584092 - Prima Dies - Forest Leaves), some maple leaves from a box (the 586676 - Box Flowers - Crisp Foliage) which I painted with Art Alchemy Metallique paint in Golden Moss and Rustic Brown. I also added leaves from the 594794 - Prima Flowers - Chesley.


Next step was adhering all my embellishments.



I colored some cheese cloth using a Prima Color Bloom 2 (Golden Oregano).




A few Art Stones and Mega Art Stones along with Bronze Micro Beads were glued to add some texture.



I really love those colors together.





Prima products used:




1 comment:

  1. Le melange de couleur est merveilleux. Merci pour nous donner espoir que le printemps arrivera bientot lol.

    ReplyDelete