Thursday, March 8, 2018

Canevas with Shutters (Prima Marketing)

Dear crafty friends,

I'm here to share with you a canevas I created for Prima.


I used a watercolor panel as my base. I'm not a watercolor artist, so I decided to use this panel to make a canevas.


My focal point in the gorgeous Memory Hardware Wood Shutters by Frank Garcia.


I put a picture of my kids inside it.


I've decorated my canevas with a vine and some flowers.


To create texture, I used modeling paste with a stencil and white crackle paste.


To create the illusion of stones around mu shutters, I cut some cardboard pieces, which I covered with white gesso, then White Sand texture paste, and then a mix of modeling paste, texture paste white sand and mini Art Stones.

I used a few colors of Color Bloom to create this soft feel: Cotton Candy, Soft Teal, Golden Walnut and Stormy Sky.


I used some moss for added texture.


I love the texture on that piece.


I created a video if you'd like to watch how this piece came together.


Prima products used:

I hope you like it.

Have a great day.

Karine
xx



1 comment: