Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Pretty as a Picture (Shimmerz Paints)

My dear crafty friends,


I'm up again today on Shimmerz Paints blog to share another layout. This one is called Pretty as a Picture. Here it is.



When I started my layout, I used crackled paint. When the paint was dry, I sprayed Don't Be Suede Coloringz over it and wiped it off to make the crack show. You can see the subtle result on the picture below. 



I thought that was pretty, but I wanted to add more texture. I used my Gold Mine Texturez and scraped some off here and there with a palet knife. 



I then made some drops with Tuscan Sun Spritz and a paint brush. I used a bit of water in some places to vary the effect.



When that was dry, I took again my Don't Be Suede Coloringz and created little drops here and there, to add contrast.



I did the same with Egg Noggin' Vibez and sprayed a little bit of water. I wanted a soft and subtle effect.


My chipboards are from 2Crafty Chipboard: Maggie's Swirls and Pretty as a Picture title piece.


My inspiration came from the gorgeous Mixed Media and Art challenge going on right now. Here is the board that inspired me. Of course, I was inspired by the color, but also from the peeled and crackled paint and the sketch, that I moved a bit more in the center. 



Shimmerz Paints products used:
Tuscan Sun Spritz 
Egg Noggin' Vibez
Don't Be Suede Coloringz
Gold Mine Texturez

You like the products I used and would like to get your hands on them? It's easy! Visit the Shimmerz Store to see all the gorgeous colors in the many ranges on offer!

-->

Thanks for visiting and don’t forget to mention my name when placing your order to get a free product. 


Thanks for visiting today!



14 comments:

  1. Wow! It's very nice layout! Thanks for playing with Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for joining Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nahhhh que c'est beau Karine!!!! Merci pour ta participation à Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful! Thanks for playing with blog Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow wow pour l'avoir vu en vrai j adore ta page elle est splendide merci beaucoup de ta participation au défi mma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The peeling cracking look in the background is amazing! Thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So amazing and very pretty work! Thank you for playing with us Mixed Media & Art)

    ReplyDelete