Saturday, January 6, 2018

Complementary Colors (7 Dots Studio)

My dear crafty friends,

First, I'd like to wish you a happy new year 2018! I wish you peace, health, joy and time to spend with your loved ones!

I'm glad to be back for another term here, with the 7 Dots Studio team. Thanks Tusia and Nick for your confidence.

My first layout for this year features the Paint Chips collection. It is called «Complimentary Colors». Here it is.


I'm sorry about the bad reflection on my picture: we don't get a lot of daylight, here, in Quebec, lately, so I had to use my light box to take a picture, and I couldn't avoid the light reflection.



I primed it with clear gesso and created a mixed media background. First, I used the Soulmates Squares stencil with Graphite Texture Paste. I also used Paint Chips Clear Stamps and Northern Lights Clear Stamps with Archival black ink. A few splatters of gold and silver paint along with black and white ink and my background was done. 


Under my picture, I used some of the Paint Chips 12x12 Tags and papers from the Paint Chips Pad 6x6.


Here and there, in my embellishments clusters, I used some of the Paint Chips Element Stickers 6x12.


I also used the Paint Chips Word Stickers 6x12 here and there on my layout.


One of those Word Stickers acts as my title piece. I love those words, as they describe perfectly my relationship with my mother (on the picture with me): she complements me. I love her so much!

Products used:
Soulmates - Squares stencil

I hope you like my layout.
Have a nice day.

Karine
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment