Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Tin Man with a Treasure in his Chest (Prima Marketing)

Dear crafty friends,

When I saw those shutters in my DT box, I was wondering what I would do with them. They were beautiful, but I really didn't have any idea on how to make them special enough.

I looked closer and I couldn’t help but thinking of a rib cage. So there it was : I’d make a puppet. I named him The Tin Man with a Treasure in his Chest after the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz.



After adhering everything together, I covered everything with black gesso.


I used lots of Art Alchemy Metallique paints. to get that metallique finish. I just love how it turned out.


I used cheap sponge brush to make his arms and legs.


Here is his chest. On the outside, I used paper flowers and a paper clay shape, along with old metal letters.


Inside his chest, I used lots of Mechanicals and chipboards (gears), all covered with black gesso and waxes.


I heard people at Creativation loved him.


I hope my projects inspire you to think outside the box!

Prima supplies used:
993696 - Memory Hardware - Venetian Shutters
965129 - Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint - Metallique Rustic Brown
597269 - Amelia Rose Flowers - Scribbles

Have a nice day.

Karine
xx


8 comments: