Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My Happy Place - 2Crafty Chipboards

Hi there,

I'm here today to share my second layout for 2Crafty chipboard. 

My Happy Place


I was dying to use the Dreamcatchers chipboards since I got them. So this layout was the perfect occasion. 


I covered the two dreamcatchers with an old product (Dimensionz, from Shimmerz Paints) which is no longer available. The finish is metallic and dimensional. I love it. The picture doesn't quite get the shine, here. 


For my Indian Feathers, I had a hard time deciding on how to alter them. I started by painting them white. I didn't like it. I then painted them the same as the dreamcatchers. It wasn't it. I then embossed dark teal, like the title, but it was way too dark! So I ended up painting over it with distress paint and a bit of white gesso. Even with all those layers of mediums, you can see the grooves in the feathers! I love it.


My title piece, My Happy Place, was embossed with dark teal embossing powder. 



Here are the chipboards pieces used:

Dreamcatchers
Indian Feathers
My Happy Place

I hope my layout inspires you to get crafting!


2 comments: