Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Amaze Yourself (Words & Paintery)

Hi, dear friends,

Today is reveal day over at Words & Paintery. I would like to share my layout with you. Here it is:

Amaze Yourself


This month, Marie Johansson, the coordonator behind Words & Paintery, came up with a beautiful and bright color combo. For me, it was very challenging because I almost never use three different colors like that. I'm more a king of monochromatic or bi-chromatic kind of scrapbooker...


The word «dance», from the board, inspired me to choose this beautiful picture of my daughter, dancing in the field behind our summer house. 


I used the Bicycle Built For Two paper from Prima's Royal Menagerie collection. I toned it down a bit with a thin layer of white gesso. 


My stencil is the Grungy Grid stencil (Elementals by Finnabair from Prima). I used it with modeling paste.


The colors I used were Sweet Heart Vibez, Pink Stilettos and Well Blue Me Down Coloringz, as well as Key Lime Shimmerz, all from Shimmerz Paints (of course!).


As far as chipboards goes, I used the Leafy Silhouettes, the Whispy Dandelions and the title Amaze Yourself, from 2Crafty Chipboard. They were all painted with white gesso first and then, painted with mists or Shimmerz, except for the title, which I embossed with aqua embossing powder. 


Do you think I went a bit overboard with the thickness on this layout?


It surely won't fit in an album (as if any of my layouts does! lol).

I filmed my process, for you to watch:


I hope you come to play along with us for this challenge. Head over to the blog to see what the ret of the team came up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment