Thursday, March 24, 2016

Love (Blue Fern Studios)

Bonjour,

Je vous partage aujourd'hui ma première création pour Blue Fern Studios ce mois-ci. 

Hi,

I'm sharing my first creation for Blue Fern Studios this month. 

Love


Pour cette création, j'ai utilisé deux papiers de fond: Town Gossip et Concert Hall, tous deux de la collection Courtship Lane. J'ai altéré mon fond avec du modeling paste et un masque. Par la suite, j'ai ajouté de la couleur avec mes aquarelles de Shimmerz. J'ai aussi utilisé une carte du paper Calling Cards dans mon agencement de papiers.

For this layout, I used two paper as my background: Town Gossip and Concert Hall, both from the Courtship Lane collection. I altered them with modeling paste and a stencil, and I added color with my Shimmerz watercolor. I also used a card from the Calling Cards paper in my paper cluster.


Ma pièce centrale est le Bordeaux Layered frame. Il vient en deux morceaux. Celui du dessous, je l'ai apprêté avec du gesso blanc et j'ai ensuite vaporisé des encres roses pour agencer la couleur avec celle du papier. Pour la partie travaillée du dessus, je me suis contentée de la laisser peinte avec du gesso blanc. J'aimais le contraste.

My main chipboard piece is the Bordeaux Layered frame which come in two parts. The bottom one, I painted with white gesso and sprayed mists over it, to match the color in the background paper. For the swirly top part, I covered it with white gesso. I chose to leave it white because I thought it was contrasting over the pink chipboard.


Alors que je fouillais dans ma boîte de plus petits chipboards, je suis tombée sur une petite pièce d'un morceau qui vient du Leafy Page Accents et que j'avais coupée. Je l'ai peinte en blanc aussi et je l'ai placée juste sous mon cadre, pour emplir l'espace vide qu'il y avait entre mon cadre et ma photo. Je ne jette jamais les petits morceaux comme ceux-là, ils peuvent toujours servir.

While I was looking in my box of smaller chipboards, I found a little piece (you can see it in the picture above, just below my frame) that came from a flourish from the Leafy Page Accents. I painted it with white gesso also, to match the frame. I thought it filled the gap between my flower and my frame perfectly. I never throw away even the tiniest pieces: you never know when they can come handy.


Mon titre, un morceau de l'ensemble appelé Adore, Love, Cherish, a aussi été peint avec du gesso blanc. 

My title piece, from the Adore, Love, Cherish set is also painted plain white.

Bonne journée
Have a nice day.



1 comment:

  1. Karine,
    Your page is so very, very gorgeous! I really like what you've done with the top page and the punched lacy border - it is lovely. Your design, colors and elements are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete