Monday, March 7, 2016

Cherish (Shimmerz Paints)

Bonjour,
Je vous présente aujourd'hui ma première création du mois pour Shimmerz Paints. Je crois que j'avais besoin d'un peu de soleil, raison pour laquelle j'y suis allée avec du jaune comme couleur principale.

Hi,
I'm sharing today my first creation for Shimmerz Paints this month. I think I needed more sun: I chose yellow as my main color. 


J'ai commencé par mettre une couche de gesso transparent partout sur mon papier. Ensuite, j'ai utilisé deux masques de quadrillés avec du modeling paste. Par la suite, j'ai utilisé mon pinceau pour ajouter la couleur choisie: Glorious Day Vibez. C'était beau, mais ça manquait de contraste.

I started out by coating my background paper with clear gesso. After that, I used two grid stencils with modeling paste. I then used my paint brush to apply my color: Glorious Day Vibez. It was pretty, but I thought there wasn't enough contrast.


J'ai sorti un troisième masque et mon Dazzelerz Licorice Stick pour ajouter une touche de noir.

I took a third stencil with Licorice Stick Dazzelerz to add a touch of black around my layout.


J'ai d'abord appliqué du Texturez Gold Mine sur mon titre. La couleur n'était pas tout à fait la bonne, donc j'ai ajouté du Golden Wheat Shimmerz par-dessus.

I first painted my title with Texturez Gold Mine. The color wasn't quite right, so I added Golden Wheat Shimmerz on top of it. 


À plusieurs endroits, j'ai ajouté des micro-billes transparentes, que j'ai peintes avec le Shimmerz Golden Wheat.

In a few places, I added some clear microbeads, which I painted with Golden Wheat Shimmerz.

Bonne journée,
Have a nice day.


2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page and design, Karine! I love the yellows - and the stenciling is awesome. Of course, an adorable photo of your little ones! This page makes me think of Spring - I want to open the windows, put in some flowers and sit in my sun room!!

    ReplyDelete