Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Less Perfection, More Authenticity (Prima)

Dear crafty friends,

I feel like I've been neglecting you. It's not that I haven't been creating, it's just that I didn't think of updating my blog! 😦I apologize for that!

Anyway, I'm here today to share with you a layout I created for Prima's self-portrait day.


My friend Marie-Pierre took this picture of me while we were enjoying a girls night out at the beginning of the month and I like it, which is rare for me, so I decided to use it for this assignment. 


I dug up in my stash to find papers I liked and flowers. I was looking for something that would mix well with the colors of the picture, especially the blue we see in my hair! (Gosh I love those blue highlights!) 


A few flowers, especially the Akrotiri flowers from the Santorini collection (those are my favorite flowers ever!), some Mélange pebbles, some lace...


A funny thing about this layout is that when I was putting down the last embellishments and finishing touches, my 6 year old boy wanted to help. I let him apply the wax on my moulded pieces. He loved the wax and went a bit crazy with it, putting some on my desk, on my chair, over his clothes... Well... I just had to breathe and read again the word sticker I chose as my title for this layout... 😉


I love the end result as there's is everything I like in scrapbooking and my favorite color too!


Supplies used:
992712 - St. Tropez 12x12 Paper Pad, 961466 - Art Basics - Gesso - Clear, 961442 - Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - White, 961350 - Art Basics - Modeling Paste, 966683 - 6x9 stencil - Swirly Florals, 573898 - Color Bloom - Sultry Shimmer - Cobalt, 580261 - Color Bloom - Vintage Metal - Yello Mustard, 580322 - Color Bloom - Vintage Metal - Deep teal, 594909 - Prima Flowers - Hayden, 597047 - Heaven Sent 2 Flowers - Grace, 637859 - Midnight Garden Flowers - Midnight Signals, 632014 - Santorini Flowers - Akrotiri, 964849 - Sentiment Stickers - 961428 - Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel, 964672 - Art Ingredients - Mega Art Stones, 963705 - Art Ingredients - Art Stones - 963323 - Art Ingredients - Mélange, 964702 - Metallic Micro Beads, 961565 - Glitter Set - Carribean Seas, 963958 - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold, 815301 - IOD Moulds - Keyholes, 638290 - Re-design Modeling Material



Don't forget about the #PrimaDTCall going on until August 2nd! It's your chance to become a member of the best team in the industry! ☝😍

Have a great day!
Karine



No comments:

Post a Comment