Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Sharing is a Key to Happiness (7 Dots Studio)

Dear crafty friends,

I'm here today to share with you my monthly layout for 7 Dots Studio. It is called «Sharing is a Key to Happiness». Let's look at it.


I started out with the Starlight paper from the Northern Lights collection. I covered it with a coat of clear gesso and some white gesso on the center to tone down a bit of the pattern where I planned to built my layout.


Next, I used the Writers Block Letters Stencil with Art Alchemy Ice Queen Metallique Acrylic Paint by Finnabair. I used the new stencil brushes also by Finn to apply the paint through the stencil. The effect is soft: I like it.


To add even more texture to my background, I used the Dreamscapes Geometry Stencil with White Sand Texture Paste. When everything was dry, I used a mix of watercolors to achieve this purpulish color that I applied over the dried paste. I love how it makes the texture of the paste more visible. 


After that, I stamped with the Lost and Found Clear Stamps and the Writers Block Clear stamps. I used brown archival ink, to get a softer look to match the layout.


I used pieces of the Celadon and White Plank papers from Verano Azul along with the 12x12 tags from Verano Azul to build my paper cluster. I even chose to cut this beautiful quote from the White Plank paper and make it my layout title. I thought it matched the picture perfectly. 


I also used the Cold Country Word Stickers 6x12 here and there in my embellishments clusters.

7 Dots Studio supplies used: 
Cold Country - Word Stickers 6x12
Writers Block - Letters Stencil
Lost and Found - Clear Stamps
Thoughts Keeper - Clear Stamps

With this layout, I would like to enter the January Mixed Media and Art challenge. I was inspired by the colors of the moodboard.


Have a nice day.

Karine
xx


-->

6 comments:

  1. wow super belle page! J'adore les couleurs! Je trouve ca super que tu ai oser le pastel sur ce fond! Vraiment de toute beauté. Merci pour ta participation a mmart xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work!! Thanks a lot for playing with us MM&A)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Классная страничка. Спасибо, что вы творите с ММА

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout!
    Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media & Art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing with us at MM&A!

    ReplyDelete