Sunday, June 26, 2016

Serenity (Blue Fern Studios)

Hi,

I'm sharing today my second layout for Blue Fern Studios.

Serenity


My second layout features the Contentment paper from the Tranquility collection. When I got the collection, I wanted to create something special with this paper. It is just gorgeous. I decided on a layout about me, since I rarely use a picture of me.


For the background, I wanted to match what was already in the paper and that reminded me of sand or some rough texture. I used some stone effect medium with a stencil or simply applying it with a palet knife, and while it was still wet, I sprinkled some Imagine Ink Seven Seas and Honey embossing powders and heated it. I LOVE the result.


I did the same thing with my chipboards (the Crackle Bits). Look at this texture!


My title piece comes from the Serenity, Cam, Hushed set.

To mat my photo, I used the Jubilation and the Calling Cards papers, also from the Tranquility collection.


To embellish, I used two large flowers and some pale yellow lilies from the Tranquil Roses and Lilies set.


To add a bit of interest to my background, I partially stamped using the Serendipity Medley and the Making Plans stamps with blue ink, and the Postal Textures stamps with grey ink.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Contentment, Jubilation and Calling Cards Papers (Tranquility collection)
Serendipity Medley, Postal Textures and Making Plans stamps
Crackle Bits and Serenity, Calm, Hushed chipboards
Tranquil Roses and Lilies
Imagine Ink Seven Seas and Honey embossing Powders 

Thanks for stoping by.
Karine

No comments:

Post a Comment